1. Papua New Guinea Police Application Form and Recruitment information
Police recruitment in Papua New Guinea has been an ongoing initiative the Government of Papua New Guinea has put in place. The main purpose of PNG police recruitment is to increase the police force in the country.
The Royal Papua New Guinea Police Constabulary (RPNGC) has taken the responsibility to recruit new officers every year. We provide some information on Police Recruitment you should know before applying.
2. Police Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Application Form & Requirement: To be eligible for consideration for police recruitment into the RPNGC, you must meet the following eligibility criteria. You must
- complete Grade 12.
- be 18 to 23 years old
- be physically well built.
- not hold criminal records.
- have good behavour records
- complete Grade 12 in the last two years, and your height must be at least 164 cm and above.
Being a policeman/woman is a higher calling. It is a call to serve the people. It is about respecting the public.
3. How to apply to become a policeman or woman
Papua New Guinea Police Recruitment: Applications are open for recruitment twice are year. Usually, calls for recruitment are published in the local newspapers or you can write directly to the headquarters in Port Moresby for the latest application forms.
- Write to the Police headquarters for application forms. If the application forms are available in the newspapers, cut out the form.
- Fill out the forms and attach two references and all your academic transcripts and certificates.
- Send your applications to the address given below.
Shortlisting and Interview: If you are shortlisted for an interview, the officer in charge of the screening process will notify you either by phone or through print media.
- First, you will be interviewed
- Second, you will do an entry test
If you pass both the interview and the entry test, you will be shortlisted to undergo training at the Bomana Police college for six months.
4. Contact for police application forms, recruitment and queries
The address for the police recruitment is given below. You can use this address to do the following:
- Request for the latest police application form,
- send the complete application forms and documents
- For applications and general queries.
Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary
P O Box 85
Papua New Guinea
You can also call the phone: 322 6100 /321 1222
5. Tips for successful application Papua New Guinea Police Recruitment
The best way to apply for the PNG Police Recruitment is to get as much info as you can. Once you know what to do, you can do it right the first time. So, call or write to the police HQ or, better still, contact the recruitment officer directly.
When you deal with recruitment officers (or proxies) DO NOT pay a bribe. This is a community service – the officers are public servants – and they’ll help you.
Attach all the necessary documents. Take your application to your teacher, pastor, policeman, magistrate or senior citizen to check before you make the submission. When you have submitted the application form, follow up immediately. Ask when the selection list is coming out.
Hope this helps you when you are applying for the Papua New Guinea Police Recruitment. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.